One of the key benefits of ShipWorks is being able to see the orders from all of your stores in one place. If you currently only have one store, it’s likely you’ll be adding more as your business grows. Here’s how to add a store.
1. In ShipWorks, go to Manage > Stores > Add Store.
2. Click the drop-down menu to select your online store’s marketplace (like Amazon, eBay, Magento), then click Next.
3. Each marketplace is specific in what information it requires to complete the set up process. Follow the on-screen instructions for your marketplace. Click Next.
Please note: If you have registered for a ShipWorks license for your store, you will be prompted to enter the license key at the end of your setup. For more information about registering for a ShipWorks license, see here.
4. To complete the ShipWorks setup, enter the information you want to appear under the Store Address field and click Next. This information can be used to show on packing lists, invoices, return addresses for labels, and so on. (It can also be modified later by going to Home > Stores > Select Your Store > Edit > Store Address.)
5. Enter the website, email, and phone number you want to display for your store and click Next. This can be modified later by going to Home > Stores > Select Your Store > Edit > Store Address.
6. On the next screen, you can select how far back in your order history to download from. The next time you download orders in ShipWorks (Home > Download), ShipWorks will download only new (or modified) orders.
The Download Orders option only displays on a per store basis, depending on if the online marketplace supports this option.Marketplaces that are currently supported include: Amazon, AmeriCommerce, BigCommerce, ChannelAdvisor, eBay, Etsy, variations of Generic Module integrations, Infopia, Newegg, PayPal, ProStores, Sears, Shopify, ShopSite, and 3dcart.
Important: If you do not see this option on your screen, it means that your online marketplace does not support applying a time frame to downloaded orders. When this happens, ShipWorks automatically downloads your entire order history.
By default, ShipWorks will download orders 30 days from when you add your store. To specify a different time frame, click the Edit hyperlink. Use the textbox to modify a range of days or select Download all of my orders.
7. Verify that the checkbox is enabled and use the drop-down menu to modify the When a Shipment is Processed option. If you’re unsure of what to select, we recommend you leave the default “Shipped” (or equivalent) setting.
This option is cart specific, and only appears when your online marketplace allows you to update this information (from ShipWorks). This option automatically updates your online marketplace’s status that will display to customers (when they log on to check their order’s status). Once in ShipWorks, you can manage this option by navigating to Manage > Actions > Online Update (for your store).
Please note: If you do not see this option, it is not supported by your online Marketplace. Proceed with the setup by clicking Next and/or Finish.
8. Click Next, Finish, and Close.
Once your store is added into ShipWorks, click the Download button (Home > Download) to import orders into ShipWorks. You also might be interested in creating a filter for your store.
Do you need more help or have another question? Send us a message or give us a call and someone from our awesome customer support team in St. Louis will get back to you.