Setting up a Shopify store in ShipWorks is easy and painless. You will need: (1) your Shopify Shop Address (http://yourstore.myshopify.com) and (2) the login credentials of your Shopify account (username and password to log into the Shopify admin panel).
During the setup process, you will be asked to create a login token for Shopify. This creates a “bridge” between Shopify and ShipWorks, allowing them to communicate with each other.
Here are the steps you need to do:
1. In ShipWorks, go to Manage > Stores > Add New Store.
2. Use the drop-down menu to select Shopify (ir you’re using the free trial option) or enter your Shopify license number you received during registration. Click Next.
3. Click the Create Login Token button and enter the name of your Shopify store (the first part of your store’s URL.). For example, if our storefront is located at joanie-loves-tchotchke.myshopify.com, we would enter joanie-loves-tchotchke into the textbox.
4. Allow ShipWorks to connect to Shopify by entering your Shopify username and password, and then click Log In.
5.After logging in, you should receive a message stating that “ShipWorks can now connect to your Shopify store!” Click Finish.
6. When creating a login token is successful, you will see a green check mark icon on your Store Setup screen. Click Next.
7. Configure the store’s settings that ShipWorks will use:
On the Contact Information screen, enter your store’s contact information and click Next.
On the Initial Download Range screen, specify a time frame to tell ShipWorks what orders to download. Click Next.
On the Online Update screen, choose if you want ShipWorks to automatically update the order’s status on Shopify whenever a shipment is processed. Click Next.
On the Email / Automatic Downloading screen, configure an email account in ShipWorks (optional) and select if you want ShipWorks to automatically download orders. Click Next.
8. Click Finish to complete your Shopify store setup.
Do you need more help or have another question? Send us a message or give us a call and someone from our awesome customer support team in St. Louis will get back to you.