Register
Register
Search
Search

Forum Index » Templates

Adding image to packing list
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mostlyposters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Adding image to packing list Reply with quote

I followed another post's advice and changed the code in my packing list template to "true" from "false" to display thumbnail images.

The packing list now has a column that says "image" but none displays.

Advice please?

Thanks.
Brian
ShipWorks Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What online system are you using - not all of them support downloading of item thumbnails, and some you have to manual enable within ShipWorks due to the performance slowdown caused by the cart's API.

Brian
mostlyposters

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon seller central
Brian
ShipWorks Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To download item images for Amazon an inventory report needs to be generated in Amazon and loaded into ShipWorks. You can do this by choosing Manage -> Stores from the ShipWorks main menu, then selecting your store and clicking "Edit". Then proceed to the Store Settings section.

Brian
mostlyposters

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded an inventory report and then imported it into my Amazon store in Shipworks and restarted but images still do not appear on my packing list. There is a column that says "image" on the packing list. Is there something else to do in the code?
Brian
ShipWorks Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The inventory report allows ShipWorks to find the images to download as it's importing orders. The images will only show up for orders downloaded after the inventory report is available.

Brian
mostlyposters

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working fine now. Thanks.
sk78

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
...not all of them support downloading of item thumbnails, and some you have to manual enable within ShipWorks due to the performance slowdown caused by the cart's API.

Do you happen to have a list of the supported carts and the ones that need special reports to be run?
Brett Berger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do not have a comprehensive list to provide regarding this. Some carts have to be setup to pull images where supported and others simply send it automatically. With eBay, for example you have to specify this information to be sent. Manage > Stores > Edit > Store Settings section > in the Download Details area find the checkbox to enable 'Download image URLs (to display images in templates)' option.

Look at the XML Source report for orders for the different stores and find the Image/Thumbnail elements and see if they're populated (this is item level information). If the urls exist in the XML Data you should be able to utilize these in your templates.
sk78

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brett Berger wrote:
...Look at the XML Source report for orders for the different stores and find the Image/Thumbnail elements and see if they're populated (this is item level information). If the urls exist in the XML Data you should be able to utilize these in your templates.

You lost me Wink

Which XML am I looking through? ShipWorks Template XML/XSL or my stores?
Maybe I can just ask you if Big Commerce supports image thumbnails before I get too into the details?
Brett Berger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the item has an Image URL on the BigCommerce admin panel, then yes, ShipWorks should download the Image URL specifically for BigCommerce.

Apologies for being cryptic before. The best way to see what data is available to you for use in templates is to do a Print Preview of the System\Utility\XML Source template.
sk78

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get it now, that's a handy tool (the xml utility)

I have found the relevant section and while the Thumbnail element is empty, there is an Image element that has a valid URL (it's the full size image, but oh well)

Here is the Item element XML:
Code:
<Item ID="4013">
        <Name>Theratrode 2" Square (squircle) White Foam Electrode</Name>
        <Code>SSTT1000</Code>
        <SKU>SSTT1000</SKU>
        <Description></Description>
        <Location></Location>
        <ISBN></ISBN>
        <UPC></UPC>
        <Thumbnail></Thumbnail>
        <Image>https://stimsales.com/product_images/m/518/sstt1000-theratrode-2in-foam-squircle-electrode-top__42597_zoom.jpg</Image>
        <UnitPrice>3.4900</UnitPrice>
        <UnitCost>0</UnitCost>
        <Weight>0.08</Weight>
        <Quantity>1</Quantity>
        <Status></Status>
        <IsManual>false</IsManual>
        <Total>3.4900</Total>
      </Item>

I edited the template to use the Image property instead of the Thumbnail property and it works, although a little slowly. Here's an example:

I gotta say that your template system is fantastic, you should consider rolling it up and developing a QuickBooks plugin that would replace their lame options for forms and documents.

-Steve
sk78

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
...you have to manual enable within ShipWorks due to the performance slowdown caused by the cart's API.

Can you expand a little on this? I'm seeing poor performance and would like to speed things up if possible.
Brett Berger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sk78 wrote:
Brian wrote:
...you have to manual enable within ShipWorks due to the performance slowdown caused by the cart's API.

Can you expand a little on this? I'm seeing poor performance and would like to speed things up if possible.

He's referring to the carts where it needs to manually turned on. Like for eBay. With BigCommerce it's always on.
sk78

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brett Berger wrote:
He's referring to the carts where it needs to manually turned on. Like for eBay. With BigCommerce it's always on.

Got it, thanks
shalomeichler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
What online system are you using - not all of them support downloading of item thumbnails, and some you have to manual enable within ShipWorks due to the performance slowdown caused by the cart's API.

Brian

I am using magento enterprise 1.11 how would i get the images to the page, i currently have the image section on the invoice but no image is coming up
sk78

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you inspect the output from the "XML Source" template? If not, run that template and post the contents here.

Here's a screen shot of what I'm talking about:
WoofersEtc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a customer has ordered multiple items, is it possible to have the image thumbnail show up for all items? The image shows up on template when I set the thumbnailsEnabled option to true() for a single item, but for a multiple order, the image area is blank.

Thanks for any help!!
Brett Berger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where image URLs are supported, ShipWorks will typically get ONE item Image and ONE item Thumbnail URL for all items in the order.

You're seeing that you only get the first image when an order has multiple line items? We'd likely want to see the log files to try to get more information if this is the case.
WoofersEtc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I attempted to locally combine two orders into one order on eBay, and no images were shown at all, so I'm not sure if it is because I locally combined, or that images do not show up on multiple item orders?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index » Templates All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: