Register
Register
Search
Search

Forum Index » ShipWorks 3

Importing "Country of Origin" from Store
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarlosPointTwo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Importing "Country of Origin" from Store Reply with quote

I am currently downloading orders into ShipWorks from my online store via a CSV file. I am shipping USPS Priority International and am looking for a way around manually entering the Country of Origin fields in the customs form (CP 72) for each of my orders (in the thousands). Editing my CSV Import Map allows me to import everything else (weight, description, etc) for each of the items in each of my orders, but Country of Origin is painfully missing. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated, as it is the only thing keeping me from enjoying blissful automation.

Thanks!
Brian
ShipWorks Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many Country of Origin's do you have? How do you know what Country of Origin to use for a given order?
CarlosPointTwo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by how many COO's we have, but we import from about 5 different countries and each item in each of the orders has only one COO. So one order may have three items from three different countries. We can generate this Country Of Origin information by SKU, using information we have on file. Do you need to know specifically how this is done?

Thanks for the help.
Brian
ShipWorks Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just trying to get an idea of your process to determine if there was any solution I could give you now.

If your orders don't often have multiple items, you could create filters that sort your orders by their item's COO. Then ship those in groups, and multi-select and update the COO for every item of every shipment at once.

You could create a seperate filter for multi-item orders and do those manually, if those were more rare.

Official support for what you are wanting to accomplish is logged as a feature request.

Brian
CarlosPointTwo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've affixed the country code to the end of each item name so entering the COO information within the "ship orders" window is quicker and does not require referring to a chart every time. Thanks to your suggestion, I then filtered all my orders using the country code at the end of the item name, finding all the orders with only one COO (and did this again for each country) and then batch updated all of these.

I hope to see an official solution in the future. Thanks for the help, Brian.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index » ShipWorks 3 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: