Register
Register
Search
Search

Forum Index » ShipWorks 3

Generic File Importing (via CSV)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Etroniczone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Generic File Importing (via CSV) Reply with quote

I am trying to upload a csv file that has some orders that have multiple items. For a multiple item order, each item/sku will be on a separate row, however they will have the same primary id (order#)

When I upload the file however, it will only, import the order with the sku from the first line item, and all the other rows for that order will be omitted.

I believe i have it mapped correctly. Under "multiple Items" I set it to "the order line is repeated for each item" and "column that uniquely identifies each order" is mapped to the order number column (which is the primary id).

Also,

Is there a way to batch import tracking numbers once I import the orders?

Any help would be appreciated.
Brian
ShipWorks Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does sound like you have it mapped correctly. If you send me a sample file your are importing, and the saved map file (you can do this in the Store Editor for the store), then I can try to reproduce the issue here. (brian at interapptive dot com)

At this time there is no way to map in tracking numbers.

Brian
Brian
ShipWorks Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sending me the information. I see the issue in the CSV file right away - the two lines for the same order are not consecutive. ShipWorks assumes that each line of the same order would be one after the other.

How is this output being generated? Could it be updated to be generated so that lines for the same order were together?

Brian
Etroniczone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filtered the csv by order number so it should be consecutive and that does the job, easy enough! Thanks Brian!

The hard part, I need to be able to import tracking (at whatever cost involved)

Brett told me, that there is a document with instructions for accessing the database. Can you send it to me, so I can forward it to my programmer.

We understand that its unsupported and that we bear all risk.
Brian
ShipWorks Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, what is your email address?
Etroniczone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

levi at eastendimports.com thanks!
Etroniczone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rec'd email thanks!

Regarding my CSV import, all worked correctly and I mapped worldship everything works perfectly as far as import/export besids one MAJOR detail.

Even though I select in Shipworks billing third party and put the account number and zip code. Worldship imports it as billing "F/C Bill Receiver" which is not third party.

Please help as this is a very sensitiv issue
Brian
ShipWorks Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will look into this issue.

Have you tried our integrated UPS support instead of having to go through WorldShip?
Etroniczone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too many features that I need (such as exporting tracking numbers, so I can send a csv to our client to upload in their system) which force us to use world ship.

I switched the "To Account Number" that was mapped to "Receiver UPS Account Number" to "third party account" instead. But there is something telling it under the billing method that forces it to receiver instead of 3rd party.

There is also no fields in the shipworks database to map to world ships third party address fields.

Does this mean that currently its impossible to use shipworks/worldship 3rd party?

I'm reaching a big deadline and need to process the shipments Sad
Brian
ShipWorks Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShipWorks supports automatic export of tracking numbers as well.

I believe that right now Third Party within ShipWorks was designed to map with the behavior you are seeing. I have logged a case to address this, but we will likely not have an update out for it soon.

Brian
Etroniczone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I believe that right now Third Party within ShipWorks was designed to map with the behavior you are seeing" I cant imagine the billing disasters that this would cause?!

Anyways, ShipWorks supports automatic export of tracking numbers via shipworks integrated UPS support?

How do i export? If this is indeed possible- then I can possibly drop the worldship.
Brian
ShipWorks Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything can be exported with ShipWorks templates. We do have a built-in report that is designed for exporting tracking numbers.

You can either export manually by selecting the desired orders and going to the main Output tab, or you can have ShipWorks do it automatically by using our Actions. From the Manage tab click Actions. Setup a new action triggered when a shipment is processed, with a task for Saving a file.

Brian
remart

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I get a copy of the document on accessing the SW database as well? rwakefield at remartautoparts dot com .

I understand that it is unsupported.

Thanks
Brian
ShipWorks Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

remart: Email sent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index » ShipWorks 3 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: