Register
Register
Search
Search

Forum Index » ShipWorks 2

Amazon Download Issue
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loreaxed01

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Amazon Download Issue Reply with quote

Still using SW version 2.9.45 with much success until today.

I have a few handfuls of Amazon orders from the weekend to download. I hit download orders and the regular popup window show for a couple of seconds, downloads nothing and then closes.

The download logs shows successful downloads (mulitple because I have tried to download repeatedly). I have tried also using the various computers we have in our office with the same results.

During the middle of last week I had to update our Amazon authorization information, but I don't think this is significant because I was able to get orders as soon as it was updated.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Brett Berger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the time, date, timezone on the downloading computer are all exactly correct to the minute. Amazon's server's are very time sensitive and this can sometimes cause an issue.
loreaxed01

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Time Setting Reply with quote

Thanks. I have made certain the time on this and all the other computers is correct (against an atomic clock).

Still nothing.

I am afraid that I am going to have to do these orders all manually...ugh.
Brett Berger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attempt resetting the Amazon Cookie in the ShipWorks Database:

1. Go to your start menu, then to Run.
2. Type: cmd and click OK to run, this will open a command prompt window.
3. At the command prompt type the following:

osql -S COMPUTERNAME\SHIPWORKS -E
-> hit Enter
Then type
use ShipWorks
-> Hit Enter
Then type
go
-> Hit enter
Then type
update stores set amazoncookie=''
(note those are two single quote characters, not one double quote)
-> Hit enter
Then type
go

You sould get a message indicating x number of rows affected.
At the last prompt type the following
exit

Then attempt downloading again.
loreaxed01

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright...yesterday was DEFINITELY Monday.

Before I attempted to do as you suggested, I re-booted the two computers hoping that would right the wrong. It didn't.

Our Shipworks Database is on our Network Server so I moved to that machine to try the RUN cmd process mentioned above.

The server is in a sub-drive (our F drive). The cmd took me to C:\Documents and Settings\ when I think I will need F: directions. I am clueless as to what to do to reset the cookie from here.
loreaxed01

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also want to mention that when I went to the third computer in our network that has Shipworks I actually COULD download the orders.

This 3rd computer is brand new, but the documents and programs on it is from an old backup from last May (the original computer's motherboard died). I used one of the other computers to process the orders and upload to Amazon because the new computer isn't exactly ready for full usage. This is a work around, but it is annoying to have to play musical chairs just to get the orders.

I thought this may give you more idea of what is going on with our first two computers and perhaps spur some other thoughts on how I could fix this issue.

Why would one computer with Shipworks in a network of 3 using one shared database be able to download when the other two could not?
Brett Berger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're still having problems and not able to download please create a request for support case on our contact page and a technician will reach out soon to assist further.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index » ShipWorks 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: