Register
Register
Search
Search

Forum Index » ShipWorks 2

Amazon ending AIM and SOAP
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris_FL

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Amazon ending AIM and SOAP Reply with quote

Does this affect anyone using Shipworks 2? I keep getting emails from Amazon telling me they notice I've used AIM or SOAP but I don't use anything but Seller Central and Shipworks for the processing.
Brian
ShipWorks Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The messages are referring to the Amazon systems that ShipWorks utilize to connect to your Amazon account. The systems that ShipWorks 2 uses are being turned off by Amazon around February 2012. At that point all ShipWorks users who sell on Amazon will need to be migrated to ShipWorks 3 which supports the new Amazon systems.

Brian
lake_tuna

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian wrote:
The messages are referring to the Amazon systems that ShipWorks utilize to connect to your Amazon account. The systems that ShipWorks 2 uses are being turned off by Amazon around February 2012. At that point all ShipWorks users who sell on Amazon will need to be migrated to ShipWorks 3 which supports the new Amazon systems.

Brian

Hey Brian,

We will need to use SW 2 for one of our stores (call it Store A) still. How do we go about using SW 2 and SW 3 at the same time? Ideally, we'd like to have them running at the same time on the same computer. I think they uses different databases in the first place?

More specifically, can we keep using Store A and setup SW 3 with Amazon, while keeping our old Amazon orders on SW 2? We'd like to keep the old Amazon data. What would happen if someone tried to download orders using SW 2 accidentally? I'm assuming there would be simply an error and and doesn't affect SW 3 since the service it uses is no longer available in the first place.

Let me know. Thanks!
Brian
ShipWorks Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can have SW2 and SW3 on the same computer. When you install SW3, even if you install it to a different folder than v2 (which is the default), ShipWorks 3 will tell you it found v2 and ask you if you want to upgrade. You have two options:

1) Install a brand new SQL Server leaving the old one alone, and a standalone instance of v3 totally isolated from v2. Then you could set it up from scratch, or restore a backup from v2 to get your templates, stores, etc. migrated over more easily.

2) Upgrade from the v2 the v3 install found - you do not want to do this.

It wouldn't affect anything to have the old Amazon data in v2, and you'd just get an error on download. Even if it did download up until the API quits, it wouldn't affect the v3 downloading. Or, if you do the restore from v2 backup approach, all the old Amazon v2 orders will import into v3 and you wouldn't necessarily need them in v2.

Brian
lake_tuna

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about if you upgrade backup SW2 DB from a 32-bit computer to a SW3 on a 64-bit computer?

I posted this question on another thread: http://www.interapptive.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=9880
Brett Berger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lake_tuna wrote:
What about if you upgrade backup SW2 DB from a 32-bit computer to a SW3 on a 64-bit computer?

I posted this question on another thread: http://www.interapptive.com/support/viewtopic.php?t=9880

Wouldn't anticipate running into any problems with this scenario.

Feel free to contact support (http://www.interapptive.com/company/contact.html) if any issues come up.
lake_tuna

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brett,

I'm reading here: https://developer.amazonservices.com/gp/mws/soap-aim-faq.html/179-4306905-9431333

It says AIM and SOAP will deprecate on Oct, 2012. Does this mean ShipWorks 2 will work until then? Or is this independent of what ShipWorks 2 uses?

It's mentioned by Brian that SW 2 won't work some time in February. Please let me know. We need to upgrade to SW2 for Amazon if this is the case. Thanks.
Brian
ShipWorks Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the API's that ShipWorks uses are ending in October, but others are ending on the 15th of this month. Any v2 Amazon users will need to migrate to v3 by that date.

Brian
bargainyogi

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: so what won't work anymore in sw2 Reply with quote

I am still using sw2 and I really don't like sw3. I am going to continue to use sw2. I don't seem to see anything different in sw2 since feb. Also you said some api stopped in feb and most stop in oct. Does that mean if we still want to continue using sw2 after oct-2012 we still can, but possibly some of the data we may no longer be able to download?
Brian
ShipWorks Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my understanding that Amazon has been disabling the old API's for individual sellers, and will continue to do so through October. At that time it will no longer be possible to use v2 with Amazon.

Brian
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index » ShipWorks 2 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: