Register
Register
Search
Search

Forum Index » ShipWorks 3

Printing Scan forms.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muldrick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Printing Scan forms. Reply with quote

Using Endicia.
I some some orders in the evening, print the scan forms.
I stop at 9PM, wake up the next morning.Do more orders and print scan forms.
The orders that came in last night between 9PM (when I quit) and 12 AM do not show up on this mornings scan forms.
Why not?
Is there a while to set the "timing" on that?
Brett Berger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, it is a timing thing. The Post Office only allows shipments processed on that business day to be included on that specific SCAN Form.

http://faq.usps.com/eCustomer/iq/usps/request.do?create=kb:USPSFAQ&view()=c%5Bc_usps0828%5D

"All packages associated with a particular SCAN Form must be shipped from the same ZIP Codeā„¢ and on the same day."

(Copy/Paste the entire link into a browser in case the click through doesn't work)
admon347

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway around this? We print in the evening and none of our packages are included on the scan form for the following day.
Brett Berger
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a post office rule being enforced by Endicia's Label Server technology.

You can ask Endicia if there's a way to trick the system to get around this postal rule, perhaps, but this isn't something we could speak to directly.
Iceit88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My method is to print the scan form at 11:59pm (if I can remember) and then again before the mail pick-up on the next day. You end up with 2 forms, but it still works. On a side note... does anyone else have mail carriers tell them not to bother with Scan forms because they need to scan every package anyways because the postal systems are not linked properly and the Scan will not register in their system? I have a feeling our local USPS is confused about something.
MDowdal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iceit88 wrote:
My method is to print the scan form at 11:59pm (if I can remember) and then again before the mail pick-up on the next day. You end up with 2 forms, but it still works. On a side note... does anyone else have mail carriers tell them not to bother with Scan forms because they need to scan every package anyways because the postal systems are not linked properly and the Scan will not register in their system? I have a feeling our local USPS is confused about something.

I would say they are confused. I've got local postal workers who have no idea what to do with SCAN forms, at all. Also, the method you described is probably what will work best for OP.
WoofersEtc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our local post office worker to picks up our packages has just been taking our SCAN forms directly to the post office along with our packages, and they get scanned there. On the tracking numbers, it shows up as 'Shipment Accepted.'
MDowdal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoofersEtc wrote:
Our local post office worker to picks up our packages has just been taking our SCAN forms directly to the post office along with our packages, and they get scanned there. On the tracking numbers, it shows up as 'Shipment Accepted.'

Weird, our carrier has a gun that can read the forms.
WoofersEtc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MDowdal wrote:
WoofersEtc wrote:

Weird, our carrier has a gun that can read the forms.

We asked him if he has a scanner like our FedEx guy does, but he said he doesn't carry one. Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index » ShipWorks 3 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: