Register
Register
Search
Search

Forum Index » Wishlist

An Inventory Control System Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
car-gym.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: An Inventory Control System Reply with quote

I would love you see Shipworks to include an inventory control system with barcode reader support. Right now, all my inventory is in excel format and I need to switch back and forth to see if I can the item ready for shipment. If ShipWorks can have its own inventory system, it will be my perfect business software.
Wes
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for your input. Inventory support in ShipWorks seems to be a somewhat popular request. We may consider adding support for this in a future update to the software. Please let us know if you have further input.

Thanks,

Wes
Interapptive, Inc.
Prettywood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Inventory Reply with quote

I too would love to see an inventory control/management piece. With the Fedex integration, Shipworks will be perfect!

Thanks!
w2pac1234

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to see inventory setup in shipworks that updates automatically once somebody pays for that item.
Nclasen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Inventory Management Reply with quote

Hey Wes,

I am doing some homework on order fullfilment and inventory modules to interact with the Miva Merchant store we are set to build, and I saw this thread regarding the consideration of Shipworks handling Inventory as well. I noticed the last post on this was from September so I was wondering if this has been taken any further or if it had become a planned implementation yet?

Thanks,
Nick
Wes
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

We feel inventory support would be a strong addition to ShipWorks. However, over the past months, we have been actively working on many other initiatives, such as our FedEx support (which will be available very soon), and other imporant improvements in the software that will be released throughout the first part of this year. We understand the importance of inventory support to users, and will be reaching out for suggestions and input from our customers when we begin developing this into the product.

Thanks,

Wes
Interapptive, Inc.
johnwalls

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shipworks with inventory control , that would pretty much be a godsent.

Please o Great software gods, send us this capability.
NationalDarts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Any Good WorkArounds for inventory? Reply with quote

Hi.. I am new to Ship Works and I have to say I am very very impressed.. Our business is keeping us working day and night and we really needed this kind of help... I have OSCOMMERCE CRELOADED version 6.1a and soon 6.2...

Anyway.. I understand that inventoy control options are in the works, however do you have a suggested work around for now? We carry many small items and it is very important that we incorporate some type of inventory control for basic tasks like re-order list... Maybe even a cross refernce list from atributes to actual product id for atribute numbers...

Anyone have any idea how this can be done? Excel can accept the inventory lists and quantites in stock... Is it possible to XML export daily order items to Excel and have it deduct from in stock and then be able to print a list of what is low or out of stock?

I am so busy right now and sure there is a way, however I don't have the time to research right now...

Also this has to be a concern for most other retailers and would be a Wonderful add on for Ship Works...
car-gym.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does Interapptive has any plan when will the inventory system be part of Shipworks? Thank you.
wfitzgerald

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Please Please, I would pay to make this happen asap. I know they have a lot of things to do but in my opinion This should be #1 on sw priority list.
car-gym.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great....can't wait to see SW with its inventory system.
a1pool

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: shipworks with inventory control Reply with quote

i will buy you lunch wes is that does happen soon. It's getting really annoying with two different database to mange on inventory.

Thanks wesley
hisaacs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Inventory Management Reply with quote

I have to admit Wes that inventory management, if done right, could boost SW into another arena. It's an intriguing option that we would certainly be interested in.
NationalDarts

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: I would would pay more for the features mentioned Reply with quote

We love SW by far, however our down falls are inventory and more interactive tast like, drop shipping, inventory re-ordering, authoriznet credits for discounts and or returns... etc...

You software package could be the bomb online if you were to add the mentioned features... The competitor of yours has the features mentioned but is too complicated and not as user freindly as SW... Just imagine the performance of our stores with rest of the features needed with SW...

The format of the layout and color design and ease of use of Ship Works is priceless... I just have to have better control as we grow..

We spend many hours trying to figure out simple problems that could be solved with inventory control and integration of a authorizenet module... Searching for orders that need a backordered item shipped... (I have a work around right now, however)

Just imagine as you enter in your inventory as it arrives, you have a list of the orders that need to be frontloaded in the ship process because SW already knew and let you know... How about as you imported the orders, SW let you know that you are down on the following items and already created an inventory order list and is ready to email or fax it for you to the correct vender... (That last part is a luxury Smile And last, we would like to see more integration of creloaded.. More up and down stearm exchange of information like order notes...

Creloaded will soon have a new feature of imput order tracking numbers and can be checked by the customer on their end when checking order status...

We currently use creloaded 6.2 pro and love every bit of it...

I would would pay more for the features mentioned and I am sure most others would too ...

[b]Come one everyone, wouldn't you pay more for the added features? Please reply and let SW know..

Thanks!!! KLH[/b]
KCSVEN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everybody could use an inventory control system built-in BUT the way it is done would determine whether its a positive or a negative. I have to have Inventory Manager to go with Miva to track Options(Sizes and colors). If that is not integrated into Shipworks then the inventory control would be a waste and possibly a hindrance if not done properly. I, to have used the competitor and it did handle options but its interface and use were no where near as easy to use as Shipworks as they expanded there software with SO MANY options it became too much. So, integrated to handle options I'm all for it. I'm not convinced the inventory control can be added in a way that keeps everything as simple as it is now but maybe they can.

As for Auth.net the export template works well for processing but the ability to do credits would be nice and I think this would be a less expensive and less time-consuminh operation than handling inventory. So I am all for this.
easterntoys

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject: All for it Reply with quote

Yes I thought it would be in the works by now already. Is there any way to rush up on the inventory control. What does everyone do in the meantime?
Any advice will be great since we sell alot of costumes for Halloween and a good inventory control will be helpful.
Brian
ShipWorks Staff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick update on our plans for doing inventory -

There are a few things that we need to do as prerequisites to inventory support. Some of them are features our inventory support will utilize, and others we just have to do. For instance - upgrading from using MSDE (SQL Server 2000) as our database to SQL Server 2005. MSDE will not be supported on Vista, so to be able to run on that OS when it comes out we have to migrate. SQL Server 2005 will allow other improvements as well. And to support SQL Server 2005 properly we need to update from using .NET 1.1 to .NET 2.0.

Keeping in mind that software development has a nasty habit of taking much longer than expected, I hope we'll be starting inventory work sometime 1st quarter of next year.

At that point what I would like to do is get some collaboration going from current ShipWorks users as to what the ideal inventory system would be. Its a big project, and as a few of you have pointed out if not done right could be worse than not being done at all. Maybe add a new forum on this board dedicated to talking about what capabilities and features will be needed, and how it will be incorporated into ShipWorks.

So, that's where it stands right now. Any comments or suggestions in the meantime are always welcome.

Brian
malper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Inventory Control Reply with quote

Hey Brian,

Glad to hear you are going to work on inventory.

Here are some things I need.

On footwear we have sizes and widths. Each Item has about 100 size/width combinations. Each Size/Width combination would need to be a seperate SKU in an inventory systems. When we are updating inventory quantities we need a way to enter all quantities for an item and submit. In the apparel industry this is called matrix inventory.

Also, my big hot button right now is drop shipment management. We need a way to efficiently order drop-shipped items and keep the order status updated. To do this effectively we need 2 way communication with the vendors.

If you have any questions you can reach me at matt at copshoes dot com....

[/b]
KCSVEN

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like malper, as I've stated the option inventory would be mandatory for me. Compatability with Inventory Manager for miva would be needed also. I think if you look how it was done in other software you can get the idea in regards to being able to handle options. Real-time inventory updates between the cart and shipworks would be nice but not mandatory for me.

How would I like to see it work:

Inventory is a separate tab(area, menu option whatever), you can import and export inventory from the cart to shipworks and vice versa. There is a detailed inventory page where you can have vendor info, barcode and other details about the inventory. In addition there is a way to filter and sort the inventory in a list with the ability to change the inventory quantity easily. Preferably with the option to edit the qty right in the field/database. For example the methods I've used have included ther ability to list inventory but and change is done by Way #1)clicking a change qty button, enterin amount increased or decreased and hitting enter AND way #2) Have a list as I mentioned but MUST hit update either at each field or at the end.

I'm sure some people may want checks like that so you can erase any errors, which is fine(I prefer the update button of the 2 options) but having the option to just go down the list and change the numbers would be great as well.

Anyway, to continue the process, an order is downloaded as it is now, You would have a button to click(which can be automated with actions) that would tell it to pull/adjust the inventory from the inventory area. IF an item shows it is not in stock it should show you this but give the option to override(theoretically the cart should match shipworks so should not be an problen but does not always work that way).

Being able to generate a picking slip with barcodes would be great as well.

That is the basic setup I need.
rscof

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, lots of really good comments...so here are my two cents on Inventory
control. I currently us Miva V4 as my cart system and have tried many other
backend web order management systems and only one came close to SW. For Miva,
Viking Coders Inventory Modules is a must for me as I maintain inventory at the
option level with UPC codes. Each product-attribute-option combination must be
maintained at the SKU/UPC level in both SW and Miva.

I agree with an earlier post, in that a SW inventory module should be separated with a new tab. One question is where is the master? for me my master is a combination of three different warehouse. When orders are downloaded from Miva into SW, the inventory can also be downloaded and theough configuration on SW should allow:
1)Miva->SW sync wih rules (miva needs to retock shelves first)
2)SW->Miva sync with rules
3)External->SW->Miva with rules

Rules would be things like filtering a product/combination/qty/null fields/...
Starts to look more and more like a content management system! like StoreMan....but that's another thread I hope!

All options could be custom macros and should support export/import and running external Java class files for file transformation. Option (3) would take an already formated inventory file, import into SW, log errors in a log file, thne upload to VC Inventory Manager.
All options need a initialize function
The SW Inventory module needs to support custom fields
The SW Inventory module needs to support manual qty updates
The SW Inventory module needs to support manual product-attribute-option matitenance (insert/delete/modify)

I already use XSL to combine many inventory source files and upload to VC in Miva, so this is right inline with SW template libarary

That's it for now...I'm sure I'll have more later!
wfitzgerald

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please have it work in sync with channel advisor merchant. this would be great! thanks
eguys1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShipWorks with Inventory control for every shopping cart + Amazon seller central = BEST SOFTWARE IN THE WORLD.

Wes wrote:
Hello,

Thank you for your input. Inventory support in ShipWorks seems to be a somewhat popular request. We may consider adding support for this in a future update to the software. Please let us know if you have further input.

Thanks,

Wes
Interapptive, Inc.

wfitzgerald

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we get a time frame? If its not within the 6 months or so maybe I will develop my own.....kidding! But I do think there are a couple small changes that could be made to allow a perfect integration with all shopping carts and inventory control/shipping systems that would make this software the most amazing software created! I think I could easily manage thousands of orders a day with minimal headaches. Can't wait!!!
w2pac1234

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am for shipworks inventory control for Infopia. That would be great.
polishpottery

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I noticed the last post was back in February and I was wondering if you are any closer to an inventory control system. Like the others, I know this would be a wonderful addition to an already amazing product!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index » Wishlist All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: