Make This Your Best Year Yet
Now’s the time to finalize your preparations for the peak shipping season. We recommend that you take a few minutes now to evaluate your ShipWorks setup. When you make the most of ShipWorks’ automation and customization features, you can focus on shipping when those orders start to fly in. Use this checklist to make sure you’re taking advantage of all ShipWorks has to offer:
· Check that your origin address defaults current for all stores. (Did you know you can set more than one origin address?)
· Set up all of your seasonal workers as users in ShipWorks.
· Set up any new or temporary filters you might need to facilitate seasonal business practices.
– Disable filters that are no longer used to help streamline processing.
· Check that invoices and/or packing slips are configured to email automatically after shipment. You can do this through carrier Shipping Settings, or through an e-mail notification. Choose the method that is easiest for you.
· Place seasonal messaging or branding on your emails and invoices with templates.
· Set the desired address validation behavior for each store.
· Configure the ShipWorks display so it shows the panels your users need to use most often.
· Schedule backups as a fail-safe in case of hardware issues, etc.
Do you have any tips and tricks you’d like to share for prepping for the holiday season? Please e-mail us and we’ll be happy to share them on our blog.