Since we’re currently at ChannelAdvisor Catalyst 2014, we have ChannelAdvisor questions on the brain.
One that we sometimes get from new ChannelAdvisor customers that are just beginning to set up their account, is that they see an error message when they attempt to ship. That’s simply because the shipment details (postage provider, service, and tracking number) didn’t update to your ChannelAdvisor storefront. You will need to take the additional steps (outlined below) for ShipWorks to properly send this information to ChannelAdvisor.
Don’t worry. This is only a one time process. You shouldn’t have to configure these options every time you use ShipWorks. Repeat these steps only if you change postage providers or services that aren’t natively supported by ChannelAdvisor.
These steps illustrate (1) how to enable shipping providers in ChannelAdvisor and (2) how to troubleshoot problems with shipment details uploading to ChannelAdvisor. These instructions assume that you have a ChannelAdvisor store set up in ShipWorks (and that you’ve already downloaded orders into ShipWorks). Also, if you want to set up an action that automatically uploads shipment details to your online cart, see here.
Configuring Your Shipping Provider
If you’re using a commonly supported shipping method (from FedEx, UPS, USPS, and so on), you will likely only need to enable your carrier and service using ChannelAdvisor’s control panel.
1. Log on to the ChannelAdvisor control panel, using your ChannelAdvisor username and password.
2. If you have more than one ChannelAdvisor marketplace enabled, you will need to select an account before proceeding (and then repeat the steps below for each marketplace you use with ShipWorks).
3. Once in the ChannelAdvisor control panel, navigate to Sales > Shipping > Account Shipping Carriers.
4. Select your shipping carrier and method from the Disabled list (left-side menu). To select more than one at a time, hold down CTRL while clicking each option.
5. After selecting your shipping provider(s) and method(s), click Add. If you want to add all of the shipping carriers, click All. More information about this can be found on ChannelAdvisor’s How To page.
6. After adding your shipping carrier(s) and method(s), they will appear at the bottom of the Enabled list (right-side menu). When your provider displays on the Enabled list (right side), it is now ready to use with ShipWorks, and you can try uploading your shipment details again.