ShipWorks newest Business Development Representative, shares his first experience with ShipWorks.
Every employee of ShipWorks, regardless of their position, goes through an extensive tech support training program to fully understand the capabilities of ShipWorks. This training program not only ensures that our employees are well versed in the software, but it provides a unique perspective on what a new user will experience during their first few months using ShipWorks. Here are my takeaways after recently completing the ShipWorks training program.
Understanding Your Shipping Needs
ShipWorks is a diverse shipping software system that can be used to automate many of the redundant tasks bogging down your day. Before doing anything, you must ask yourself the question, “What do I want ShipWorks to do for my business?” Every business is unique, and our software is designed to be tailored for your business’s needs. Some of the most common answers are:
- I want a centralized location where I can view my shipments for my marketplaces and ship using a variety of carriers
- I want to compare rates between UPS, USPS, Fedex, and other carriers
- I need a shipping software program that integrates with my selling marketplaces
- I need to communicate tracking information to my clients and fulfill marketplace requirements“
- I have a local database where I need to pull my orders
While ShipWorks can solve these issues and more, it’s important that you understand your shipping hurdles before implementing a plan to solve them.
Applying the Proper Features
Now to the fun part! ShipWorks will be tailored to meet your needs. Applying the necessary filters, actions, and shipping profiles will help automate your processing time. You are probably wondering; how exactly can a software program do this!? Let’s take the above examples and show the ShipWorks solutions.
- Shipments in one platform: we will allow you to customize how your orders display; based on marketplace, shipping status, etc.
- Comparing rates: using our Best Rate shipping profile allows for you to compare rates between UPS, USPS, Fedex, and DHL without having to change screens
- Marketplace integration: ShipWorks integrates with over 90 marketplaces including Amazon, Ebay, WooCommerce, Magento, Shopify and many more!
- Emailing tracking information: we use API’s to connect with your desired marketplace; communicating order information and tracking numbers
- Local database integration- ShipWorks can connect with your local database to directly communicate with existing infrastructure
The above solutions are just a few examples of how ShipWorks can be tailored to meet your needs. Analyzing your problems and implementing the necessary solutions is the bread and butter of the ShipWorks program.
You Can’t Buy Time
ShipWorks will drastically increase productivity and efficiency, allowing you to ship more. Right now, you have employees printing off invoices one at a time, copying and pasting addresses from marketplaces into carrier specific software programs and printing labels one by one. Imagine a program that prints invoices, packing slips, and other documentation automatically. No more copying and pasting with ShipWorks, the order information will pull directly from the marketplace. Ship one order after another, firing off label after label.
Time is the greatest currency. It’s the only thing you can’t buy. Your employees are assets, contributing to the success of your business. ShipWorks minimizes time spent in costly operations, while allowing them to focus their efforts on areas more profitable to your company.
The Transition will be Easy
After downloading ShipWorks, a member of the ShipWorks onboarding team will reach out to you to help get ShipWorks up and running. We are determined to make ShipWorks an easy transition for you! The onboarding process includes a remote in session, where we guide you through the install and setup process. As a business owner or manager, you need to focus on running your business, not implementing a new software program. A complete understanding of ShipWorks will make it easier to get your team up to speed!
We have one of the highest rated support staffs in the industry located in St. Louis, Missouri. If you happen to run into any issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We take pride in user satisfaction and are determined to make our shipping process as streamlined as possible.
About the Author:
Joe Reynolds is a Business Development Representative at ShipWorks, responsible for educating new customers on how to automate existing shipping procedures. In this role, Joe works closely with new customers and ShipWorks technology partners.
Joe has over 4 years of e-commerce shipping experience, bringing great value to new and existing customers. His main responsibility is to help save customer’s time and money by overhauling their current shipping processes.