This is a guest post from our friends at Refund Retriever, an auditing system that identifies issues and over-charges that occurred with shipments, applies for refunds, and verifies those refunds are credited back to the customer. Refund Retriever is integrated with ShipWorks and customers can sign-up for free.
Did you know that each package you send out is guaranteed to arrive on time or it’s free?
The holidays present a different set of rules to this guarantee that you should know about. Before you refund your buyer for a late shipment, see if you can get a refund yourself.
Here are the rules you need to know:
- FedEx Express – November 26, 2014 and December 18 – December 24, 2014: add 90 minutes to the original Guaranteed Service Refund (GSR) arrival time.
- FedEx Ground packages scheduled for delivery the day after Thanksgiving will have the delivery commitment extended to the next business day for application of the money-back guarantee.
- The money-back guarantee for FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery services will be suspended temporarily for packages tendered to FedEx from December 11- 24.
- Commitment times for UPS Air and International shipments delivered within the United States will be extended by 90 minutes on the following days: November 28, December 18-24, and December 31.
- The UPS service guarantee is suspended for UPS Ground and UPS Standard packages picked up or scheduled for delivery between Dec. 11 and Dec. 24.
Download Refund Retriever’s free holiday calendar that shows the refund eligibility schedule for the holidays.
If you are not receiving refunds for your late packages sign-up today and see how much Refund Retriever can really save you!