Tips & Tricks: Adjusting Page Margins for Labels
Have you ever wanted to adjust the page margins for your labels, but you weren’t sure how? To do this, you will likely need to recalibrate your printer and/or adjust the page margins via the label’s template.
In today’s example, we will be recalibrating a label that uses the “Standard Label” template. Calibrating a label (through ShipWorks) is only available through the “Standard Label” template, and the “Label with Invoice” template (or if you have added a custom template, like a 4×6 template).
You cannot recalibrate a printer from for a “Thermal” label template type.
Step One: Recalibrating Your Printer
1. Go to Manage > Templates.
2. Expand the “Labels” folder.
3. Select the template you will be printing with. In this example, we will be using the “Standard” template.
4. Click the “Settings” tab. Then, click “Printing” from the left-side menu.
5. On the “Printing” tab, click “Calibrate Printer”.
6. Select your printer (and print source) from the drop-down menu. Click “Next”.
7. Select your paper size from the drop-down menu (and set the dimensions, if necessary) and click “Print”.
8. Read and enter your results on the vertical and horizontal textboxes. Click “Finish”, “Save”, and “Close”. Try printing your label again.
If this didn’t solve your problem, proceed to “Step Two: Adjusting the Page Margins.” Repeat steps 1-3 above, and then follow the below steps 4a-8a.
Step Two: Adjusting the Page Margins
4a. Click the “Settings” tab and click “Labels” from the left-side menu.
5a. On your “Labels” menu, select the label template you want to adjust and click “Edit”.
Please note: You cannot edit existing label sheets unless they are custom label sheets. In this example, we will be using the dimensions for a “Custom 4×6” label.
6a. On the “Custom Label Sheets” screen, make the necessary adjustments under the “Page Margins” section.
7a. Click “OK” to save changes.
8a. Click “Save” and “Close”.