Tips & Tricks: Copying Data From the Orders Screen, Part I
Templates are one of the common ways to get data out of ShipWorks, but sometimes a template is overkill. This is especially true if you simply want to “copy” information. In these situations, you can simplify the process even more and copy data with two or less mouse clicks.
Scenario 1: You want to copy a single order number.
1. Select the order you want to copy in ShipWorks and right click on the order grid with the mouse pointer within the Order # column. Select “Copy” and “Copy Order #.”
2. Success! You now have a single order on the windows clipboard you can paste.
Power Tip: If your mouse was in another column, such as “Item”, the menu would have read “Copy > Copy Item” and you would have copied the item, not the order number.
Scenario 2: You want to copy numerous order numbers.
1. The process is very similar to copying one order number. When copying multiple order numbers, you will select the orders you want to copy in ShipWorks and right click on the order grid with the mouse pointer within the Order # column. Select “Copy” and “Copy Order #.”
2. Success! You now have a list of order numbers on your clipboard and you are ready to paste.
Scenario 3 – You want to copy numerous orders and put them in Excel.
1. Select the rows you want to have in Excel. Right Click and select “Copy Row” or “Copy Row with Header.” This will copy all of the visible information to a clipboard.
2. Open Excel and Right Click.
3. Select “Paste” and the data you copied from ShipWorks will now be in Excel.
This is only the beginning. We’ll share more tips & tricks about copying in the near future!